This year, more than 20,000 Minnesotan’s like you helped guide our work by taking our issue survey and sharing their conservation priorities. During the legislative session that ended in May, more than 10,500 postcards, emails and phone calls were delivered to legislators and Governor Dayton, urging them to address your priorities. They didn’t go unnoticed.
You helped us make changes that protect our families, communities and great outdoors. Here’s how:
- Protecting Lakes, Rivers and Drinking Water – Passage of the Clean Water Legacy Effectiveness Act, new protections for Minnesota shoreland and funding to manage groundwater more effectively.
- Aquatic Invasive Species – Increased funding for enforcement, research and prevention.
- Improving Recycling – The state is developing two new plans to increase recycling of beverage containers and unused paint.
- More Renewable Energy – A new solar electricity standard and options for homeowners to gain from installing solar panels.
- Protecting Children – Minnesota has banned the use of Bispehenol-A (BPA) and formaldehyde in certain products marketed to children.
You helped make this possible. I thank you for being such a big part of this important work. Together, we can protect the Minnesota you love!