Would you be willing to do something as simple as incorporate a new hashtag into your social media posts?
If so, Conservation Minnesota could use your help.
Due to a new partnership with Coors Light, every social media post between now and the end of the year that includes #BeerSavesLakes will earn a dollar for Conservation Minnesota’s efforts to protect the lakes we all love. Coors Light is also donating a part of the proceeds from every case of beer sold in Minnesota for the rest of the year to us as well.
So, simply by using the #BeerSavesLakes hashtag or buying some Coors Light beer, you can play an important role in helping support Conservation Minnesota’s ongoing efforts to:
- Engage Minnesotans in support of legislative and other initiatives related to water quality.
- Gather support of the Clean Water Promise that sets clear, realistic goals for our waters in the coming decades.
- Work to support and protect funding for aquatic invasive species research and local government initiatives to combat them.
- Provide opportunities for those interested to combat the increasing amount of mercury in our lakes.
- Fight aquatic invasive species like Zebra Mussles, through community detection efforts.
- Continuing the State of Water Conference that is held every other year – next will be spring 2016.
This partnership will kick off this weekend with an event at Lord Fletchers on Lake Minnetonka between 4 and 6 on Saturday afternoon. In addition to representatives from the two groups, Laura Schara from Minnesota Bound will be on hand to talk about AIS, and Chris Hawkey, lead singer of local favorite band Rocket Club will be there to perform for the assembled crowd.
So, if you love Minnesota’s lakes, please tell your friends that #BeerSavesLakes.