It’s no secret that Minnesotans treasure our lakes and rivers. Whether you like to fish, boat, swim, or just sit on the dock, our waters define life in Minnesota. Our lakes and rivers are our most vital natural resource. And they are also fragile.
We are excited to announce that Conservation Minnesota and Coors Light have teamed up to better engage Minnesota lake users on the health and care of the lakes we play in.
Now through December anytime you tweet #BeerSavesLakes, Coors Light will donate $1 to Conservation Minnesota! Follow us (@ConservationMN) on twitter today and retweet us all summer long.
Also through August 31st, Coors Light will donate $0.10 for every case or case equivalent of Coors Light beer sold throughout the state.
All of the proceeds will go to protect our Minnesota waters through:
- Engaging Minnesotans in support of legislative and other initiatives related to water quality.
- Gathering support for the Clean Water Promise that sets clear, realistic goals for our waters in the coming decades.
- Working to support and protect funding for AIS research and local government initiatives to combat AIS.
- Fighting AIS, like Zebra Mussles, through community detection efforts.
- Providing opportunities to combat the increasing amount of mercury in our lakes.
- Continuing the State of Water Conference that is held in even numbered years.
Enjoy your summer — it’s sure to be a great one!