Just One. Often it only takes one person to make a difference. Over the past few months, you may have done just one thing to help protect Minnesota’s lakes, rivers and great outdoors. But because friends like you decided to do one thing, we were able to deliver more than 25,000 postcards, emails and phone calls to legislators and Governor Dayton urging them to take action on your priorities.
Because of you, we were able to make important steps forward this year by:
- Helping pass Governor Dayton’s water protection initiative that includes buffers along rivers, streams and ditches.
- Supporting increased funding for state parks.
- Passing a ban on toxic flame retardants that threaten the health of children and firefighters.
- Passing a ban on plastic microbeads in the State Senate that is ready for action in the house next spring.
- Preventing cuts to Aquatic Invasive Species funding.
- Preventing raids on Legacy Amendment funds that would use voter approved conservation dollars to pay local property taxes.
- Stopping attempts to weaken Minnesota’s clean energy laws that have created thousands of new jobs and made our state a national leader.
- Battling assaults on the laws and state agencies that protect our waters from pollution.
Thank you. Together we were able to make important progress this year. But we did not win in every case. There is much more to do to protect our Minnesota legacy for future generations.
I look forward to continuing our work together!