At Conservation Minnesota, we work to protect the people and places you love. We do this by providing you with useful information and by working to solve the conservation problems that are most important to you.
Over the past couple of months, we have heard from 10,837 Minnesotans about your most important conservation concerns. It’s a remarkable response, and one that we truly appreciate
Over the next year, we will be working on the issues that Minnesotans told us were of top priority. Issues like:
- Insisting on increased protections and better management of the state’s groundwater to avoid continued catastrophes like the draining of White Bear Lake and the depletion of groundwater resources in southwestern Minnesota.
- Promoting legislation that creates a permanent, dedicated source of funding to combat the threat to our lakes and rivers posed by Aquatic Invasive Species, like Zebra Mussels and Asian Carp.
- Removing toxic chemicals, like formaldehyde and bisphenol-A, from food packaging and personal care products marketed to children.
- Increasing the amount of our energy that comes from renewable sources like wind and solar, to 40% by the year 2030.
- Leading the campaign to pass a Recycling Refund that would double Minnesota’s recycling rate for bottles and cans from just 35% to more than 80%.
Taking our survey not only helps our staff and board choose how to focus our resources. It also allows us to make sure we are keeping you informed about the issues that matter to you.
Please take a moment to complete our online survey. Together, we can protect the Minnesota you love.