Our Mission: Protecting the Minnesota You Love
From our four “real” seasons to our 10,000 lakes, the Great Outdoors defines life here. It is where many of our most cherished memories are created with family and friends. Passing our experiences and traditions on to our children, being good stewards of our land and lakes — these are values that we all share. At Conservation Minnesota, we turn your love of Minnesota’s Great Outdoors into the laws that protect it. And we provide reliable information to help you make important decisions for your family, community, and future.
Doing Big Things…And Getting Results
Conservation Minnesota isn’t the biggest non-profit organization, but we deliver big results in two different ways. First, we impact decisions that affect large numbers of people, like the ones made by state & local governments. Second, we help thousands of people make personal decisions that, when added together, make a huge difference.
Recognized as “High-Impact”
Conservation Minnesota, a 501c3 organization, was rated a 2011 Top Non-Profit by Philanthropedia and Guidestar for our “high-impact” approach. Here are just a few comments from their interviews with 178 experts in the field:
- “Conservation Minnesota is the source for nonpartisan information and its techniques are a model for other states.”
- “They have been instrumental in getting the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment passed and ensuring it continues in the future.”
- “This is the sole organization that reaches out to all political parties to seek solutions for better policy on natural resource issues.”
- “Conservation Minnesota is very lean and high leverage. They have excellent leadership and active board.”
- “Their leadership makes strategic decisions to have the greatest impact on Minnesota’s natural resources.”
You can view Conservation Minnesota’s full profile on Philanthropedia’s website.